Injection Molding Certifications
First American Plastic Molding Enterprise creates parts to the toughest industry standards — with the certifications to prove it
At First American Plastic, we’re committed to providing clean, defect-free parts for clients throughout the nation. From both of our custom injection-molding facilities — in Ocean Springs, Mississippi and in South Beloit, Illinois — we build these parts with some of the most sophisticated automation in the plastics industry. Thanks to our commitment to providing the certified processes and clean working environments that mean quality, we’re able to offer some of the market’s finest plastic injection molding products and services.
As evidence of our commitment to quality service and products, First American Plastic is pleased to hold the following certifications:
• Dairy Certified – First American Plastic is dairy certified through the State of Illinois for compliance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) food standards required for Interstate Milk Shippers. Thanks to this certification, we are able to create plastic components and assemblies for various components in food packaging.
• UL Certified – For customers in the electrical contract market who need UL-approved products, First American Plastic provides components that can be manufactured within UL specifications. To ensure this UL certification, UL inspectors perform audits at least annually.
• HACCP – First American Plastic holds Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) certification at our Mississippi facility, provided through an annual third-party sanitation audit. This certification is important for products that will see direct food contact, such as the McDonald’s cutlery we manufacture.
• NSF – Another food-related qualification, the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certification allows First American Plastic to manufacture products like valve assemblies used in soda dispensing/carbonation machines. Through NSF certification, we are qualified to provide components involved in food service equipment.
• Social Accountability – Provided through a third-party audit, First American Plastic’s Social Accountability certification evidences our adherence to all applicable laws and ethics relating to fair and legal employee treatment.
• Certified Minority Business Enterprise – Owned as a 1993 joint venture enterprise with the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, First American Plastic is a certified Minority Business Enterprise. This certification comes from a regional governing body that is part of the National Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc., which is the most widely recognized body of its kind.
• ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management – Recognized as the worldwide standard governing quality system for manufacturers, distributors and other organizations, the ISO 9001:2008 is a certification held by both First American Plastic facilities.